Back in California...

by - 12/19/2007 05:28:00 AM

We raised the kids in first a 3 bedroom home (which was lost to a fire and we were only renting (more in another blog about this), then a 2nd 3 bedroom home one block from the previous home, then a huge 5 bedroom home (just in the next tract from the previous house), all only 3 miles from the beach. I loved taking the kids to the beach, before they put a cost to being able to go there, unless I drove up the coast, parked about 3 blocks out and walked down the side of a sand filled hill to get there.

So, we would plant our blankets, our shade, the towels and our bags of toys and settle in for a day of fun. FUN I say! I start my routine…. counting…1,2,3,4,5,6. ok, I see them all. I spread out the toys…. 1,2,3,4,5,6.. ok, I see them all. I grab the baby strength SPF60 sun screen and yell at each kid to get them gathered and slathered. Then off they go toward the water. 1,2,3,4,5,6.. ok I see them all. I watch the 2 oldest as they venture further out than I want them to go. But I let them. Again 1,2,3,4,5,6. ok I see them all. And to think I made it through an hour of fun by then. By the end of my day, I am reminded how much the kids loved doing this by listening to their conversations about bragging rights of what they all got to do. Back home, I spray them off outside and they hurry in, change and are into the living room to watch tv. I spend the next hour emptying up the family vehicle of wet towels and all, then broom out what sand I can.

I would not be surprised if my husband would ask me the next day about what I was “counting” in my sleep. Haha!

I would not trade those days for anything.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for coming by, we appreciate all your comments! We hope you enjoy your time here and will come back often.


Y'all Come Back Soon.

"An Unfinished Project"
Please do not remove or copy any content off our blog.
Most of the time we are willing to share, but please ask first!
You may pin to Pinterest if you wish.
Images by Kimmer or Steve Rock unless otherwise stated.
Copyright 2008- 2018
BlogWithIntegrity.com
>
Kimmer & Steve Rock, all rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.