That dang pain....

by - 4/16/2008 08:40:00 PM

This was from Friday, April 4th.........

I thought I was pretty much done with having kidney stones. It had been almost 3 years since I recall having them bad enough to get doped up and miss work. BUT then……… yesterday I wake up and sure enough that dang pain, I know THIS pain, started up and I can tell this is a bad batch of stones. Luckily it was close to when the medical center where I work would be open. I can live with the pain for the next hour and half just to not have to go to the hospital. My youngest son takes me in (he is such a great kid). Once I am there and they get my vitals and I pee for them they get that wonderful IV into my hand (on only the 2nd try mind you). I find out that I had a urinary tract infection and a kidney infection along with stones. So, one shot of pain meds in one buttock, then I roll over and they give me the shot for nausea and I do pretty good for about 35 minutes…UH OH, here comes the pain again….all the nurse had to do was look at me and then came the morphine… aaaaahhhh, pain free. I usually have a very high tolerance for pain, but this was pretty bad. I hate taking drugs and will most times just ride out the pain of just about anything, but I am glad I got the morphine this time. I went home and just vegged out for the remainder of the day.

I pray not to get kidney stones again… OH, and I will drink tons more water too so watch out when I make a bee-line to the toitee.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for coming by, we appreciate all your comments! We hope you enjoy your time here and will come back often.


Y'all Come Back Soon.

"An Unfinished Project"
Please do not remove or copy any content off our blog.
Most of the time we are willing to share, but please ask first!
You may pin to Pinterest if you wish.
Images by Kimmer or Steve Rock unless otherwise stated.
Copyright 2008- 2018
BlogWithIntegrity.com
>
Kimmer & Steve Rock, all rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.