Just a Stitch..

by - 5/01/2008 07:55:00 PM

Ok, so I had a small punch biopsy on my face last week and Tuesday April 29th I was to go in to have the nurse to take out the one measly old stitch I had …which is something I could take care of myself. But first go back to the night before this, Monday, I had pulled on the horses corral panel to try and straighten out one of the stalls and ended up scrapping a good chunk of skin out of the palm of my hand on a screw sticking out of the bottom rung of the panel. Now, back to Tuesday… when I am in to see the nurse for the stitch removal she notices my hand and says she can get it cleaned up, but also asked me when was the last time I had a Tetanus shot. I can’t remember if it had been within the last 5 years, so the doc says to just go ahead and get the Diptheria/Tetanus/Pertussis combo shot. I was told that this shot gives a bad reaction and can make my arm slightly sore for up to 2 weeks, but not like what I was experiencing. Tuesday nite was not too bad, and Wednesday at work I could tolerate the pain, but it was beginning to get a bit stiff, but I was told to use heat on it. So last night I slept with the heating pad on it. By 2:30 this morning I could no longer move my arm at all. I got to work this morning and told everyone that I no longer have a functioning left arm. They all said I needed to be seen right away… so I tag myself in (I work at the medical center) to see the doc and find out that I should not have used heat on it as much as I did … and it looks like the injection was given into the muscle, but a little too high on the arm which made this a pretty bad reaction. Now I get to take a muscle relaxer and ibuprofen all because I went to get a stitch out.

See if I ever go to the doc again when I can take care of the problem myself…. LOL

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for coming by, we appreciate all your comments! We hope you enjoy your time here and will come back often.


Y'all Come Back Soon.

"An Unfinished Project"
Please do not remove or copy any content off our blog.
Most of the time we are willing to share, but please ask first!
You may pin to Pinterest if you wish.
Images by Kimmer or Steve Rock unless otherwise stated.
Copyright 2008- 2018
BlogWithIntegrity.com
>
Kimmer & Steve Rock, all rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.